In order to protect the health and wellbeing of you, our customers, as well as our housekeepers and home owners, we are constantly monitoring the ever developing situation regarding Corona Virus (COVID-19).
We wanted to take this opportunity to reassure you that we are taking the risk of this virus very seriously and have spent time analysing our operations to see how and where we can prevent its spread.
We all have a responsibility to try to contain the spread of the virus and are doing all that we can, including implementing very strict cleaning routines. Our staff have been briefed on government guidelines to ensure all staff working are fit and healthy.
We have formulated some Frequently Asked Questions that you may find useful:
What are we doing to make the houses safe?
- A two-step cleaning routine involving our usual very thorough cleaning procedure followed by disinfecting of high touch surfaces, such as doors and handles, TVs, remotes, light switches, bathrooms.
- Use of anti-viral cleaning products.
- Provision of hand sanitiser for guest use.
- Disposable paper towels in communal washrooms.
- Our housekeeping and maintenance teams are trained in safe practices, including regular hand washing, distancing whilst working, wearing of PPE and awareness of symptoms of illness and will self-isolate for 14 days if needed.
- Removal of most games, dvds, and high touch objects to reduce the amount of disinfecting needed between stays.
- We will follow all Government guidelines.
Can we social distance within your houses?
Our houses are large with spacious gardens, so it will still be possible for your party to enjoy their holiday whist keeping safe, however, it is down to the group themselves to ensure they are adhering to the current guidelines during your stay.
There may need to be some changes in terms of cooking and dining, for example, buffet style meals, picnics and barbeques could be a good option if you cannot all sit around a dining table together. Kitchen use rotas might be also be an option.
The floor plans on the website are useful to give you an idea of how your party can spread out during your stay and possibly develop a one way system around the houses.
Will we need to share a bathroom?
Some of our houses have a bathroom for each bedroom, but for the ones that don’t, there are not normally not more than 2 bedrooms sharing a bathroom. In this case we would suggest family or household groups share bathrooms. We will provide anti-viral/bacterial cleaning products and plenty of hand towels to avoid any sharing of towels.
This chart shows the ratio of bedrooms to bathrooms in our houses in case you prefer to have a bathroom per bedroom.
GUEST NUMBERS WITH BATHROOM FOR EACH BEDROOM
TONE DALE HOUSE
ASH TREE BARNS
Are hot tubs and swimming pools safe to use?
- Current advice is that Covid 19 is that the virus would be killed by the pool or hot tub chemicals. However, guests will need to be aware of sharing equipment, loungers etc around the area. Findings also suggest that the virus does not transmit as readily outside.
- It is VITAL that all users shower before and after using a hot tub or pool, as per our rules for use.
- Please adhere to social distancing rules whilst using the hot tub and swimming pool.
What can we do to keep ourselves safe in your houses?
- Conform to all Government guidelines and advice, including social distancing.
- Ensure no-one in your party has displayed any symptoms within 2 weeks of travel.
- Ensure everyone in your group adheres to good hygiene practices, including regular hand washing (especially on entry to the house) and use of hand sanitiser.
- Adhere to the rules of use for hot tubs and swimming pools.
- Organise food deliveries in advance of your stay to minimise the need to visit local shops. We suggest you do this in plenty of time as delivery slots may be in shorter supply due to current demand.
- Bring your own games, dvds etc as we will not have our usual supply in the houses.
- If anyone displays symptoms during your stay they should return home immediately to self-isolate. Please let us know so that we can take extra precautions when preparing the house for our next guests.
- It is the guest’s responsibility to ensure that their party’s proposed use and occupation of any house that they book will not breach any Government laws or guidelines relating to Covid-19. By booking guests warrant to The Big House Company and their owners that their occupation won’t cause such a breach. Neither The Big House Company nor the owners of the properties have any liability in relation to any breach of such guidelines and/or laws.
For the latest information on the virus please see the following trusted websites, which will contain the most current information.
If you have a current booking with The Big House Co
The COVID-19 outbreak is a constantly changing situation, but please rest assured that we have made plans so that the Big House team will remain operational wherever we are able to within the guidelines.
If you have an upcoming holiday booked with us and you purchased travel insurance prior the corona virus outbreak please check your policy to see if you are covered for cancellation.
If you did not take out travel insurance
If you do not have any insurance please contact us to discuss your options.
If you want to cancel your booking
If you are not feeling inclined to travel at this stage, then please let us know and we will cancel your booking and do our best to re-let the property for you. If we are able to secure another booking at the same price, then your monies will be refunded in full. Until such time you will be responsible for the whole rental payment as per our Terms and Conditions.
When will it be safe to book again?
Please talk to us if you have cancelled foreign holidays and would like to book somewhere closer to home as we are now seeing a large demand for last minute bookings.
We would recommend that you put relevant travel insurance in place that will cover you should you be unable to travel.