- Sleeps 24
- Dogs Possible
- Games Room
- Hot Tub/Jacuzzi
Classic elegance, original features and modern comforts abound in this beautiful, newly refurbished big house to rent in the Cotswolds, near the spa town of Cheltenham. Cinema room, games room, hot tub and grand piano – plenty to keep everyone happy! This house is available for family groups only for holidays & weekend breaks, (no stags or hens parties).
Cheltenham House is a grade two listed, mansion for rent by family groups only, located adjacent to the springs thought to be the original source of the River Thames.
This stunning, large country house is surrounded by five acres of grounds, comprising a lawn, historical woodland and an ancient uncultivated meadow containing 30 different species of wild flowers. The approach is via a meandering driveway to the house, where there is ample parking for your house party guests.
Enter via the light and bright Sun Room to the spacious hallway and from here access all the ground floor rooms, it’s a floor plan that provides very convivial social space for big groups. Often the hub of the house, gather in the modern, well equipped kitchen and linger at the breakfast bar, while the chefs among you cook up something tasty. The walk-in pantry and utility room keeps everything tidy and there is plenty of equipment for your group needs.
The morning room is ideal for sitting and chatting, reading and chilling and the Dining Room, seating 24, is perfect for a birthday dinner party or a more casual supper. Then perhaps, make the most of the games room for some healthy competition, or the sitting room, with its beautiful molded ceiling and far reaching views through the dual aspect windows.
Bedrooms and En-Suites
There is one ground floor bedroom and separate bathroom for easy access and upstairs you’ll find three en-suite bedrooms, four more bedrooms and two bathrooms. Most of the beds can be configured as twins or super kings, so whatever the mix of guests this country house in the Cotswolds ticks all the boxes.
Up on the second floor there are a further four tastefully decorated bedrooms, all with modern en-suite bathrooms or shower rooms. It’s a very versatile layout, ideal for large family holidays, (see the house floor plan here).
There are plenty of things to do in this stunning large house. Head to the games room to shoot some pool or play table football, or simply relax on the large squishy sofas in the cinema room with state of the art Sonos sound system.
Hot Tub and Gardens
Outside, within the 5 acres of grounds, the large hot tub has great views across the valley and woodland and weather permitting, play garden games on the lawn or go exploring in the woods.
A few small points..
- This house is available for family groups only.
- Only 7 night stays during school holidays.
- No stag or hen groups.
- Z beds can be made available to provide flexibility, but the total number of guests cannot exceed 24.
- Please do not use Blu-tack or any thing adhesive for celebration decorations.
- Up to 2 dogs are welcome by arrangement (£15 per dog, per night). Owners, please ensure you clean up after your dogs in the gardens. Thank you.
- If you do not require the hot tub, let us know & we will discount £120.
- Arrivals from 4pm (Monday to Friday) Departure by 10am (Monday to Friday) Departure by 11am (Sunday) Late availability available by prior arrangement.
- We recommend taking out your own personal travel insurance prior to booking.
- Due to insurance limitations and for the safety of all guests, it will not be possible, under any circumstances, to charge electric cars at the property. Any car found to be charging will be disconnected immediately and an additional charge of £75 per car per occurrence will be made.
For guests leaving on a Sunday, you can stay until 4pm, so time for that relaxing brunch and a walk to work it off! The perfect way to round off your big house experience.
Cheltenham House was built around 1840 by William Hall, a Lancaster cotton trader and has had several incarnations, such as being used by Cheltenham Ladies College during the second world war. This magnificent house has now been renovated into a spacious, luxury holiday home, while keeping and restoring original features. Many protected wildlife species are known to thrive locally.
During your stay
Nearby Cheltenham has something for everyone, the races of course (particularly Cheltenham Gold Cup), plus great shopping, eating and drinking. The children are well catered for too, with Cotswold Farm Park and Wildlife Park as well as the GWSR Gloucester Warwick Steam railway within easy reach.
Cheltenham House is easily accessible from Junctions 10 and 11 of the M5, or A436, around 4 miles from Cheltenham. Train services are plentiful from all major cities to Cheltenham Spa, which is a 10/15 minute taxi ride from the house.
House (for 24)
Weekend (2 or 3 nights) from £4560 - £8400
Midweek (up to 4 nights) from £3990 - £8000
Week (7 nights) from £5700 - £10500
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
|Number of Bedrooms||2||10|
|En suite bathrooms||1||6|
- Available for family groups only
- Hot tub
- Cinema room
- Sonos sound system
- Pool table/ Air Hockey/ Table Tennis
- Table football
- Grand piano
- Large dining table
- 40″TV, DVD, ipod dock