We are so lucky at the Big House Co that our country houses are situated in such beautiful parts of the world. Today we are going to share 5 attractions that are definitely worth a visit in beautiful county of Somerset, where we have stunning country houses to hire.
- Cheddar Gorge – Here lives Britain’s biggest gorge with towering cliffs 450ft high and amazing caverns below. This National Nature Reserve is the site of prehistoric finds from back in the Ice Age, which carved this dramatic scenery over millions of years. There is so much to do and see here including Gough’s and Cox’s Cave, extreme sports, open-top tours of the gorge and much more.
- Bath – This beautiful city is a world heritage site steeped in history. There is so much to do and see from the winding little lanes filled with independent shops, to the stunning sites of the Royal Crescent. The biggest attraction is the Roman Baths where you can step back in time to see how the Romans lived, but also the new Thermae Bath Spa where you can relax in the rooftop pool overlooking the historic city.
- Glastonbury Tor National Trust – So we have all heard of Glastonbury due to the huge musical festival that is held in the summer, but there is much more to discover! The imposing landmark of Glastonbury Tor boasts spectacular view over Wales, Dorset, the Somerset Levels and Wiltshire. History and legend surround this landmark and is a spiritual site for Pagans which is still very much celebrated.
- Longleat – This is a great day out for all of the family with lots to entering all ages. First of all the Safari Park allows you to get up close to some of the most amazing and majestic animals from around the world. Explore the Sea Lion lake, adventure park, maze and of course the beautiful Longleat House which is home to the Marquess of Bath.
- Exmoor National Park – Beautiful Bays, tranquil heather moors and cliff top walks makes Exmoor a must see destination in Somerset. This protected area has an abundance of wildlife including the famous Exmoor Pony. Within the park you will find medieval towns/ villages, rivers, waterfalls and harbours.