- Sleeps 16/26
- Dogs Possible
- Swimming Pool
- Tennis Court
Sumptuous surroundings with plenty of wow factor. Gated entrance and winding drive, oozes exclusivity, inside it’s high spec and luxurious. The outdoor pool and terrace are a fabulous summertime feature, just mix some cocktails and you can have your own Hollywood style party.
Sussex Manor, is a luxury house rental with twelve bedrooms and 15 acres of private woodland. Located in a medieval village in the East Sussex countryside, within easy reach of both the Sussex coastline and London. The house blends the tradition of a country manor house with modern fixtures and fittings and has all the facilities you would need for a relaxing and fun filled break with family or friends.
The spacious, wood panelled entrance hall leads to the light and elegant living and dining rooms, large enough for all your group to get together, both have fireplaces too.
The sitting room has sumptuous sofas in velvet fabrics and a grand piano, for a good old sing-song. On warmer days, open the patio doors onto the side terrace to bring the outside in and enjoy the view.
Get creative in the sleek, well equipped kitchen, often the hub of a house party (bar stools for the non cooks), where you will find everything needed to whip up fabulous culinary delights. Alternatively, hire someone in to do it for you! We can make some recommendations.
If you need some peace and quiet, disappear to the second living room, snuggle down on the cosy sofa and read a book, play some games or just chat!
On the ground floor, there are 2 large double bedrooms with access to the outside via patio doors. These have access to the downstairs cloakroom, or pop upstairs to the family bathroom. (See the house floor plan here).
There are seven beautifully furnished bedrooms on the first floor, four of which have their own en-suite bath or shower rooms. One of these features an enormous wet room (no exaggeration!) with a state of the art mist/monsoon shower.
On this floor there is a family suite, ideal for parents with young children, comprising a double bedroom and a twin bedroom. These share an en-suite, which makes them perfect for parents with young children, or friends sharing. There is also a separate bathroom, again huge!
This delightful big house has a beautiful wood panelled dining room, which can cater for up to 26 guests over 3 tables. The large doors can be opened out to the terrace in the summer time, perhaps for pre-dinner drinks, before you drift in for dinner.
In the main sitting room there is a large flat screen TV, with Netflix. This house is perfect for everyone to enjoy a group weekend away.
Pool, grass tennis court and gardens
The garden and outside space has fabulous facilities for all ages, including the barbeque area and wonderful rustic dining table and log seats. Take the party out to the large, heated swimming pool, open during the summer months and relax on the loungers.
If you want to keep fit during your stay here, there’s some gym equipment, housed in its own building, or have your own mini Wimbledon tournament on the grass tennis court.
Children will love the giant outdoor games and the woodland adventure play area, whilst parents will love its woodchip safety flooring!
During your stay
Sussex Manor is a super location for a big holiday home with plenty of days out to enjoy close by. It is located around 12 miles from the seaside town of Hastings, 15 miles from the medieval resort of Rye and less than an hour away from the vibrant and bustling town of Brighton. The train from London takes only 1hour 20 minutes.
The nearest train station is Robertsbridge, a three minute drive or easy walk. Robertsbridge village has some great restaurants, pubs, shops and local amenities.
A few small points…
- The prices shown are for 16, please add £100 pp/pn for a maximum of 10 extra guests.
- 7 night stays minimum, from June – end September
- Well behaved dogs are welcome, if organised at the time of booking. They are not allowed on furniture or upstairs in the house. Please bring all bedding, bowls etc. with you and ensure you clean up after them in the garden.
- The owner provides disposable slippers for all guests, as they kindly ask guests not to wear shoes in the house (particularly heels!).
- If you are looking for a luxury hen or stag party weekend, please contact us and we can advise you.
- The outdoor pool is unfenced and is operational during the summer months only. Although the pool heating is on in May and Sept, we cannot guarantee pool temperatures in these months. The pool will only heat if outside temperatures are consistently above 10 degrees.
- We recommend that you do not swim alone for safety reasons.
- The Housekeeper will be available on site during your stay working in the grounds and gardens doing maintenance.
Sussex Manor is located on the rural fringes of the delightful Village of Robertsbridge, an old settlement founded in about 1176, when the Cistercian Abbey was built on the site of the current War Memorial. The Village has many historic references including the first Cub Scout Pack started in Robertsbridge by Baden Powell himself.
Sussex Manor is located 12 miles from Hastings, 15 miles from Rye and 33 miles from Brighton. The nearest train station, Robertsbridge, is only a three minute drive away.
Price Guide, for 16 guests
Weekend (2 nights) £3750 - £4250
Midweek (2 nights) £7550 - £4250
Week (7 nights) £6500 - £7550
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
|Number of Bedrooms||8||2||2|
|En suite bathrooms||4|
- Swimming pool (summer months only), see notes
- Grass Tennis Court
- Childrens play area
- Garden Games
- Wifi, LCD flat screen TV
- Netflix and Apple TV
- Music system in the kitchen
- N.B. There is no washing machine at the house
- Dogs by arrangement (£15 per dog, per night)
- No smoking inside the property
- Prices based on 16 in 8 bedrooms. For up to 10 extra, £100 pppn